Gathering and Use of Information
The Museum's website automatically collects some anonymous "non-personally identifiable" aggregate information about visitors when pages on our website are requested through a browser. This information is used for statistical purposes and to help us monitor how guests navigate our site, allowing us to tailor our services to the needs of the majority of visitors. Non-personally identifiable information may refer to information about our visitors' browsers (e.g., Firefox or Internet Explorer), operating systems (e.g., Windows or Macintosh), Internet Service Providers (e.g., Verizon or Earthlink) and other similar information.
The Museum will not collect “personally identifiable” information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. Personal information includes, for example, your name and email address. Personal information might be obtained from forms on the Keeping History Center website. Additionally, personal information may be transmitted in connection with other activities, services, or resources made available on our site. If you submit your email address, the Museum may use this information to send you updates about the Keeping History Center and other Museum exhibitions and programs. You may send us an e-mail here email@example.com requesting that we do not contact you about our exhibitions and programs.
The Museum will not disclose, sell, exchange or release your non-personally identifiable information or your personally identifiable information to parties outside the Museum without your prior consent. However, we may be required to disclose visitors’ information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. In addition, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we do not guarantee that visitors’ information will always remain private.
In addition to information collected automatically, we may also collect cookies, which are small text files that are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are used to track usage patterns, traffic trends and visitor behavior, as well as to record other information from the website. When you register on the website, cookies also allow us to save information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you visit. Cookies cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files that were created by other sites. Many content adjustments and customer service improvements are made based on the data derived from cookies. Information that we collect from cookies will not be used to create profiles of users and only will be used in aggregate form.
Terms of Usage
- No material on our website may be copied, modified or distributed without express permission from the Museum.
- Users may not upload, post, transmit, email, or otherwise distribute any material that may be unlawful, harmful, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, defamatory, threatening, infringing on any copyright or other rights of others, damaging to software or hardware,or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable.
- The Museum posts the names of participating users for identification purposes only. Copying this information - either manually or through automated software programs - for the purposes of targeting, marketing or solicitation is strictly prohibited.
- Content submitted by users on the Keeping History Center website may be edited for spelling, grammar, and content. We reserve the right not to publish content, and to remove content, that does not fit within the parameters of the website.
- The Museum is not responsible for content submitted by users.
This website is operated by the Museum of Jewish Heritage-A Living Memorial to the Holocaust, located at Edmond J. Safra Plaza, 36 Battery Place, New York, N.Y. 10280. Our telephone numbers are (646) 437-4310 or (646) 437-4307. Contact the Keeping History Center by email here firstname.lastname@example.org.